Saturday, November 1, 2008

Photoshop Troubles

In my art work and making clothes and skins, I generally use Adobe Photoshop CS2 and 3. I used to make good use of painter, but found its layers very frustrating.

As to Photoshop. Adobe's treatment of customers is awful. Early this year I had to reload my system (Mac 4.11 at the time) because of the damage caused by viruse, and then had to have the computer repaired. And therefore I had to reload CS3, but then I could not activate it. I was informed by the program that I had reactivated too many photoshops already. (Adobe allows three activations,--I had two). There was no way to email Adobe for help and must have spent a day trying to find a way. Could not call them since I am partly deaf and my cellphone is not too clear. But, either give up CS3 or call, which I finally did. I managed to convince the technician on the other end to talk slowly and clearly. Then Adobe activated the program once I explained the problem.

Now, I have bought CS4. Of course, it won't install (I have a Mac with system 10.5.5 now). I have spent already a day trying all Adobe's recommendations found on its website for solving this problem. Nothing works. And I cannot contact them by email as with CS3. Customer service is only by phone or letter. Because of this, after many years of dealing with companies selling programs, I find Adobe is by far the worst.

And I did try the phone. I was put on hold with raucous music in the background, and I also tried to call very early and very late, which was recommended by the operator, but I was given the wrong times. So now I can only keep trying the phone in the middle of the day,since I already paid for Photoshop before finding out about this problem, and CS4 is a very good upgrade.

No comments: