Tuesday, November 11, 2008

On matching color in Photoshop for SL

As you know, if you do skins and clothing for SL using Photoshop, there are three parts to match. One is the face down to the neck, the bottom of the neck to the stomach, and the stomach to the toes. This is especially difficult for skins, since skin color for all thee parts must match, and one must be careful that what ever lightness or darkness introduced (as by the dodge and burn tools) take account of these divisions. Regarding color, when I first started doing skins, I had a hard time matching colors.

I would use the eyedropper tool to get the color of one, and then the paint bucket tool to apply that color to the others. But, the colors were too often off a little, which only showed up when I uploaded to parts to SL (at a cost of L10 each upload). It took awhile for the simple solution to appear to me. All I needed to do was to drag and drop the color layer in one part into the two other two parts, and make sure that I selected it over the color that was there. So simple.

No comments: