Thursday, October 30, 2008

Still Bumbling

As noted below, I had surveyed visitors to the House of Skin and Garden Gallery as to why they did not buy anything, when I promised to reimburse them. Basically, it was the promised reimbursement that deterred them--they did not trust it. So yesterday I changed this to ask that they IM me what they wanted and I would send it to them.

So, then had 23 visitors, and now no one requested anything, even though free. Again, surveyed the visitors as to why. (I use the Super Greeter gadget that emails me every night a list of the day's visitors). Not many responded, but among those that did, the answers were varied--they could find better elsewhere, there was nothing they wanted, skins were not not in the color tone they wanted, no skins for older people, and so on. Over the two days, one answer got us. That was that things were "messy," or it was hard to see or find things. We had tried to make the place comfortable and enjoyable. But we also could see the point.

Yesterday then, we totally reorganized the garden to hang all the paintings in their own alcove so they could be seen easily. And in the House we divided Skins, flexis, and clothes from each other. All this, we hope, will encourage some to pick up what they like free.

Aside from laying out things better, two suggestions about skins that we may act on-- provide different skin tones--such as pale, tanned, and tanner, and even very dark. Also, we could make skins for older people, a niche we could fill. Such skins are generally not available.

Pikake and I want to thank all those visitors who received an IM from me asking why they did not get something that was free, and answered honestly. I enjoyed meeting some that came again to the site to better answer my query. All were frank and nice people to meet, and I am happy to say, became new friends.

No comments: