Monday, February 25, 2008

Wating To Die

This week, The Gallery will center around the painting below of an old woman about to die. As she shivers in the cold, she is about to be shot by a Nazi execution squad because she is a Jew.

When I first saw this as a photo I was so moved that I had to paint it to better display of this horror. I did this by centering it only on the poor woman, removing soldiers nearby and extraneous detail that distracted from her, and building up the contrast between her and the white snow.

I am selling all these democide paintings/photos for L$0.

To show the beauty and the best in our world, I placed below the woman one of my other paintings in The Gallery.




The dog was our West Highland White Terrier, who died from a liver disease at the age of 4. I painted this picture of him as we remember him--always a questioning beauty.

No comments: